General Setup Requirements
Sonru is an application that is compatible with all modern web browsers including Google Chrome, Firefox and Edge.
- Candidate's side:
- Browser: You should always ensure you are using the most up to date version available by your browser.
- Mobile device: Sonru offers the option of video interviews via the Sonru Record App.
Apple Device requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Android Device requires Android 10 or later
- Interviewer's side: HTML5 player is used for viewing recorded files, so no pre-installation required.
The hardware requirement for desktop users is such that the user's machine can support a modern web browser.
Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC)
Sonru requires WebRTC which is both an open source project and specification that enables real time media communications like voice, video and data transfer natively between browsers and devices. This provides users with the ability to communicate from within their primary web browser without the need for complicated plug-ins or additional hardware.
- Microphone and camera should not be used by any other applications during the interview recording. i.e: Do not open Zoom, or Skype while you are recording the interview.
- Candidates should not open the web recorder in more that one tab at the same time.
- Users should allow the browser to access camera and microphone to be able to record.
- Some corporate networks might have Firewall restrictions. We recommend candidates to record the interview at home / off a company network and use Chrome as the recommended browser.
The Candidate Portal is the application candidates use to complete interviews on the web. To complete interviews the following technical requirements must be met.
The Sonru Candidate Portal supports the following browsers.
Required Internet Connection:
If you are in an area with low broadband connections we recommend you complete your interview on a mobile device using the Sonru Record App. You will then be able record your interview with connection speeds down to 3G speeds as the interview is saved to the device.
If you are completing on a browser the bandwidth required is 50 Kbps. If traffic on your network is particularly heavy it may not reach these speeds during peak time so sometimes simply trying again later may help.
In order to use the Web Recorder the following needs to be allowed:
The Sonru Application supports the following browsers.
- Google Chrome (latest release version)
- Firefox (latest release version)