Here you will find a step by step guide to the Sonru Select interview process for you the candidate
- Candidate completes application procedure for interviewing company/recruiter.
- Candidate receives email from Sonru containing the link from Recruiter.
- Candidate clicks on the "Access your Video Interview" link from the invite and creates a new account password to log in.
- Candidate starts interview process.
- Candidate completes interview process and video interview is automatically submitted to the recruiter for review.
Note: The screenshots below are for reference only
1. You can click on the "Access your Video Interview" button on the invitation to begin the process.
2. First time users will be asked to enter/create a password when logging in for the first time. Passwords must be at least 8 characters long but we recommend 10 characters including one number, one special character and one capital letter. Once you have chosen your password, you need to agree to the Terms of Service by ticking the box and finally click on "Create Your Account"
3. You can then watch the tutorial and click "Continue" to proceed.
4. You can now read the welcome note and select "Get Started"
NOTE: Selecting "Get Started" will not start the real interview straight away. You will first be asked to test your system and complete a practice session.
5. You will now be at the page to "Start the Tests" of your hardware. You may need to select "Allow" for the application to gain access to your camera and microphone.
6. The first test is to check the Bandwidth connectivity and network settings. The Sonru application is designed to work on low bandwidth but does require at least 140 Kbps upload speed. Your connection speed is tested before you begin the interview in your account to make sure you can complete the interview but you can also use a test like this http://www.speedtest.net to see what speed you have.
If you have the required bandwidth speed, but are still unable to complete the interview, it may be due to a firewall if you are attempting to complete from inside a workplace or campus environment or on a restricted work related laptop. if this is the case we recommend that you complete from outside this environment using an alternative connection.
6.2 You will see a screen similar to below, if the bandwidth test has passed.
7. The second test is for the Microphone - audio settings.
Usually if there is a problem with your microphone not being detected it means that some other application has activated it. The interview will only be allowed to go ahead if the microphone is only being used by Sonru (for security reasons).
To make sure this is not the case, can you try and use another browser (such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera), please?
8. The third test is for checking the Webcam settings.
Usually if you get an error message for the webcam it means that some other application has possibly activated it. The interview will only be allowed to go ahead if the webcam is only being used by Sonru (for security reasons).
To make sure this is not the case, can you try and use another browser (such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome), please?
You do not need to manually start the webcam as it should be picked up automatically by the application.
9. Once the tests have been completed successfully, you can move on to the practice section.
10. When you have finished answering the practice questions, you can then decide to either "Re-record Practice Questions" or "Start Your Interview". The quality of the audio and video on the practice questions will be exactly how the recruiter will see the quality of the audio and video on the real interview, so ensure that you can see and hear yourself clearly before moving on.
NOTE: You can log out at this stage and continue the real interview later.
11. When you click on "Start Interview", you will see an alert on the screen. Click Start Interview to begin the real interview.
12. When you have finished answering the interview questions, you will see the message below informing you that your interview has been saved. The option to "Review your interview" will only be shown if the recruiting company have this setting activated within their account.