If the interviewing application continually closes on or after your practice questions when using an iPad or iPhone to complete the online interview, you can try to resolve the issue by following the steps below:
Check the available space on your device
- Click on Settings
- Go to General
- Go to About
- The memory status will be displayed
In order to complete your online interview, we recommend that you have a minimum of 1GB of free space (Available) on your device but preferably 2GB.
You may need to clean the apps on your device in order to free up the required amount of memory. You can also perform a soft reset of your iOS device by following the steps below:
How to Soft Reset an iPad:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top right of the iPad until you see a red arrow slider appear
- Drag the slider to the right
- The iPad will turn off
- Once the iPad is completely off, press the Sleep/Wake button again to turn it back on.
- The Apple logo will appear for awhile and then the home screen will appear.
The soft reset can solve many simple problems on iOS devices, especially when the phone/iPad has been on for a long period of time and has not been power cycled for a while.
If you have the required amount of space available and are still experiencing issues with the application, we would recommend trying to complete your interview on an alternative device.
How to Soft Reset an iPhone:
- Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
- Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
- You'll be back in your home screen.
Sonru Support Team
Please, let us know if this article was helpful by rating it below.